We provide the information needed for you to develop a personalized treatment management plan for your patients.
- Clinically validated to provide a patient’s risk of developing AMD or progressing to advanced AMD
- Next generation in AMD screening and risk prediction representing the latest in AMD research
- Comprehensive assessment of genetic status, ocular findings, patient demographic and lifestyle characteristics
- Accurate, reliable and clinically actionable AMD risk assessment
- Simple and convenient in-office cheek swab with an FDA-cleared collection device.
- Provides a true lifetime risk of AMD or progression of AMD
- For pricing details please register here
- EARLIER DETECTION of risk leading to BETTER RESULTS
Who it is for
- People who have a family member with AMD
These people have an inherent risk of AMD
70-80% of the cause of AMD is genetics
- Patients who have early or intermediate AMD in at least one eye to determine risk of progressing to advanced AMD
Why test your patients
- Earlier intervention leading to better outcomes
- Preserve vision by delaying disease onset or slowing disease progression
- Helping you determine a personalized patient management plan
- May increase patient compliance to alter modifiable risk factors such as diet or smoking
- Patient risk stratification
- Clinically validated to provide a patient’s risk of AMD
Results and interpretation
- Visible Genomics AMD risk assessment provides a clear, concise and actionable results that you and your patient can easily understand
- The right test is provided for the right patient
LIFETIME RISK: Results for patients with no clinical AMD findings
PROGRESSION RISK: Results for patients with early or intermediate clinical AMD findings
- Results are provided over a patient’s lifetime, not just for the next 10 years only.
- Example of an Annotated Patient Report Results
How it works
- Set up an account
- Order a Sample Collection Kit
- Collect patient sample & Submit
Wait for Results
This test is a laboratory-developed test and was developed and its performance characteristics determined by Visible Genomics. It has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Although laboratory-developed tests to date have not been subject to U.S. FDA regulation, certification of the laboratory is required under CLIA to ensure the quality and validity of the tests. This laboratory is accredited and certified to perform high complexity clinical laboratory testing.
Did you know?
Visible Genomics offers a clinically validated state-of-the-art age-related macular degeneration (AMD) risk assessment designed to:
- Identify people earlier who are at-risk of developing AMD (i.e. family history of AMD)
- Help provide AMD patients with personalized treatment options to prevent disease progression
This insight is critical – and can help you as a physician determine the best personalized management plan for your patients with outcome goals of:
- Delaying onset of AMD with primary prevention
- Delaying progression of AMD with secondary prevention
What is the Visible Genomics AMD Risk Assessment?
- Visible Genomics now provides you with state-of-the-art clinical-grade AMD risk screening.
- Visible Genomics’ AMD risk assessment is a comprehensive test that helps determine whether you are at risk of either developing AMD or progressing to late-stage AMD if you already have signs or symptoms of the disease.
- We combine a patient’s genetic status, ocular findings, demographic and behavior characteristics to deliver an accurate, reliable and clinically actionable AMD risk assessment.
Knowing this information can help you and your eye doctor take a proactive personalized approach to prevent or delay AMD.
For pricing details please register here.